OutPosts of So-Called Civilization
Boston Supply Depots:
- Sewfisticated, Twin City Plaza, 14 McGrath Highway, Somerville, MA – 617.625.7996
- Van’s Fabric, 14 Beach St., Chinatown, Boston, MA – 617.423.6592
- The Garment District, 200 Broadway, Cambridge, MA – 617.876.5230
- Steel with $150 minimums for FREE delivery! Turner Steel, 128 N. Main St., W. Bridgewater, MA – 508.583.7800
- Aluminum, Brass, Stainless & Copper. Metal Source, 11 Forbes Rd., Woburn, MA – 781-937-4463
- Comprehensive listing of Metalworking Web pages
- You-Do-It Electronics, 40 Franklin St., Needham, MA – 781.449.1005
- Electronics Plus, 480 King St., Littleton, MA – 978.486.3375
- Backstage Hardware & Theatre Supply, 21 Drydock Ave., Boston, MA – 617.330.1422
- Accurate Fasteners, Inc., 550 E. First St., S. Boston, MA – 617.268.8300
Gear du Camp
- Hilton’s Tent City, 565 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139 – 617.227.9242 – Not your prissy, gone to fashion EMS or REI, these people are GRITTY! & they know their shit. Free shipping on >$50.
- The Cambridge Brewing Co., source of the sacred libations – 1 Kendall Sq., Cambridge, MA –
- Ocean State Job Lot, 30 Commercial St, Medford, MA 02155 – (781) 391-1279 – My God! Everything that you could, or might, never need…
- Links to Alternative Energy info in the North East.
- Wanna build a dome? then check this kickass page out.
Reno Supply Depots:
- Twin City Surplus Water barrels, field surgery kits, tent stakes,? they’ve got it!
- Excellent IPA at the Great Basin Brewing Co. in Sparks
- Recycling in Reno – this Nifty Map makes it easy
- Reno Supplies, courtesy of the Civilized Explorer
- The Reno Transfer Station & other facilities
- Camp out at the Sands Casino, 345 N. Arlington Ave., Reno – 775.348.2200
- Baldini’s Gas Station Propane & gas 24/7. 1055 S. Rock Blvd., Sparks – 775.358-7400
- Glendale Storage 940 Freeport Blvd., Sparks, NV – 775.355.9333
- Need a bike? Try the Reno Bike Project SE Corner of 250 Bell St.; (in the alley between Bell & Ralston Sts. north of 2nd St., near the Sand truck parking lot) – 775.323.4488
- Here’s another place that might be the treasure chest holding the Playa steed of your dreams Reno-Sparks Kiwanis Bike Program, 2605 Comstock, Reno, Nevada – 775.746.9310